Sunday, April 26, 2009

Joyful weekend - Spring is here!

It's been a joyful weekend. All my boys are home and I've enjoyed their company even though 2 out of 3 are currently trying to kick a cold. Jackson spent Friday night running a fever and miserable but we made it through the night thanks to the graces of Motrin.

Matthew has been making homemade bread recently and I can't tell you just how nice it is. Walking through the house with the scent of baking bread is just so heart warming. He's getting really good at it too - no bread machine - all hand made. Imagine home made bread - toasted- with just enough butter to make you say "mmmmm" out loud. YES! It's that good!




Spring has sprung and things are warming up quickly. Nate is spending lots of time outside playing with his friends. It's nice that he has an abundance of friends to play with here. Jackson and I get out every day that it's sunny and go for a stroll. I've learned if I lay him down in the stroller that he WILL nap while we're out walking. It's nice that there are so many paths here in Issaquah for us to take walks. I don't think we'll get bored.

I've been trying to get a little creative with the camera here recently. I've been taking more and more pictures. I'm not very good just yet, but the more I take and learn about how to use it's features, the better I figure I'll get. Here's one I took of some Gerber's I had at the table -




I've taken to cooking - never thought I'd say that. :) My mother would be so proud! :) Healthy cooking has become a goal. I'm going to start trying out new stuff - posting the outcome and sharing the recipes with you here. I've got a few cookbooks that I'm looking through now. Once I decide what my first new dish will be- I'll let you know :)

I will probably start blogging about several things -

Mommy stuff
Cooking Healthy
Local Markets (my reviews cause I'm determined to visit ALL of them)
Working out - the joys and the struggles
Days of Our Lifes - yes, yes, the soap - I'm an addict
Photos
and just general rants and raves

I'll let this one go for now :)

Much love!



3 comments:

  1. yay for blogging! look forward to seeing more pictures of all you guys with your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me as a fan of your cooking. Everything that you have fed Meghan and I has been delicious! We'll have to have you guys over soon and return the favor.

    I liked all the YouTube videos today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! :) I love having you guys over! We could always cook something together! Next 3 weekends for us are going to be busy but the weather will be getting nicer fast (i hope) keep an eye on the weather and get that zoo picnic planned!!!

    ReplyDelete