Monday, January 4, 2010

Mmmmmm- Panini

Last night was a rather rough night with Jackson. He didn't seem to remember that sleep was important and was up about 5 times last night. Therefore, today was fun yet easy night in the kitchen. Meals don't always have to be complicated. Tonight I didn't have the brain power nor the energy for complicated. My assistant tonight in the kitchen?? You'll love this!! :)

The Griddler -by Cuisinart. AMAZING! :) One of the best tools on the market if you ask me! (don't ask me about any other of the tools on the market though - ok!?) :) This bad boy has the ability to open completely flat. Slip on the flat plates and you can cook bacon, eggs or your favorite vanilla, cinnamon pancakes! Change out the flat plates for your grooved plates (so simple I can do it!) and you've got the best panini maker around! The dials on the front of the Griddler are very self explanatory and easy to understand.

The panini ingredients for dinner tonight were easy breezy to assemble and even more fun to nom on! Nate has just your simple turkey and cheddar cheese. Matt and I had Roma tomatoes with Arugula & Havarti.
Sorry about the shadow on the picture - I'm SO not a photographer! :) I initially tried to cut the tomatoes on my new Mandolin and it tore the first half to SHREDS! Which is just fine if I want them that way - all torn up and nasty but that wasn't my goal. I broke out the tomato knife for the rest. Muuuuuch better! :)

All these beautiful ingredients were assembled on a fantastic sourdough bread and toasted to perfection. NOOOM! Here is a picture of dinner - mid-grilling :)
It doesn't look very pretty here - (I think this was Nate's) but I got better with the assembly with each one.

Needless to say - dinner went easy. Jackson is changed and in bed. I should workout tonight, but I'm so tired I don't think I could safely be on the treadmill for 3 miles and not fall after the first 10th due to heavy feet. Tomorrow is another day.
Night y'all!

2 comments:

  1. hey its me Teri, I love the sandwich for dinner and we do it often, i have often thought of getting a pannini press, this one looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a christmas gift but totally worth the investment if you buy one in my opinion! This one is a bit spendy but OMG i SO love it!

    ReplyDelete